Sunday, June 9, 2013

Team Meeting 6-8-13

After dinner, we finally all had a chance to be in the same room and talk as a group.  My math was a little off - there are 24 of us in total.  I forgot to add the two from Wisconin in my original post - my bad!  (there may be almost as many Packer fans as Bear fans in the group....we'll see,)

There should have been 25, but one of our group had an unexpected death in the family.  Our trip is dedicated to Chuck's sister's memory.

We had some good conversation and great "name games" that leave me feeling a little more confident about calling people by their right names when I see them now!  Hopefully soon, we will be familiar enough with each other that we forget that some of us didn't even know each other's names a day ago...

Thanks Steven, Eric and Jon!

Planning Sunday Morning
In the morning, we will be attending two different churches.  Most of the group will be going to Santa Ana to worship with Iglesia (church) Cristo Rey (Christ the King).  Pastor Carlos Najera and his congregation have welcomed many a Habitat group over the years, including those from our group who have build here previously.  Ironically, for me, one of Cristo Rey's partner congregations in the US is Good Shepherd Lutheran in Bismarck, ND where many of my former HS classmates now worship... We find over and over what a small world we live in.

The six of us from Galesburg will be attending Lutheran Church of the Resurrection here in San Salvador.  Through my past service with the Milwaukee Synod, ELCA, and our partnership with the Lutheran Church in El Salvador, I have, in the past 10 years, had opportunity to come to love the leadership and members of this congregation and am very much looking forward to introducing some of the members of my new congregation, First Lutheran Galesburg, to some very dear fellow saints at resurrección!

No comments:

Post a Comment